Getting the Iron Rangers ready for winter.
Soften, condition, and waterproof your boots with Mink Oil by following these directions:
- 1. Warm the boots with a hair dryer, or set them in front of a fire or over a heat vent for a few minutes. Heating the leather will help it absorb the oil.
- 2. Spread the cloth over your fingers, and use them to scoop out enough of the mink oil paste to cover your fingers from the first knuckle to the tips. Rub the mink oil into the boots until it turns clear and begins to melt into the leather.
- 3. Repeat step two, conditioning your boots one section at a time, until both boots have been covered with the paste.
- 4. Wipe off any paste that got on the laces or soles of the boots.
- 5. Allow the boots to dry overnight, and apply a second coat of mink oil following the directions above.
SAM SPRATT’S SPRING PORTRAIT CONTEST/CUSTOM PORTRAIT/SIGNED PRINT GIVEAWAY!
Spring is around the corner which means as thanks to you for following me here, as usual—I am giving TWO of you the chance to win a custom portrait made by me, custom-tailored to your heart’s desire. Free, no strings attached. The rules are simple, but read them so you can win.
What You Get:
A Web-resolution (1100 pixel) custom portrait, tailored to your most bizarre of requests. You can get a very traditional portrait done or as outlandish as you can dream. Zombies, Hipsters, Pirates, Ninjas, Superheroes, Robots, etc. are all fair-game themes in which you can have yourself transmogrified in painted form.
How to Enter:
FACEBOOK: Simply comment on the following facebook post. You get an extra entry if you click the “share” button and post it to your wall. ( Sam Spratt - Facebook Contest )
TWITTER: Follow http://twitter.com/#!/SamSpratt and tweet the following phrase verbatim on twitter:
“ Entering to win a custom portrait #painting from @samspratt’s portrait contest! https://www.facebook.com/sam.spratt ”
This also counts as an entry.
TUMBLR: Just reblog/like this post!
How long this will last:
This contest will run until April 6th, 2012.
You all are the best! Good luck and thanks again to all who follow my little slice of artwork on the web.
NOTE: You must be a follower or subscriber at the time of the win.
Why all this? Well, you’ve gotta write a big check with quite a few zeros at the end of it to commission art from me—and call me crazy, but I firmly believe that in a perfect world, people *should* get to own art AND do things like “pay rent”, “eat food-like substances on occasion”, and maybe even “continue to live”. Two of you can do that, the rest of you… you’re screwed. Sincerely, <3 Sam
Remnant I & II