Getting the Iron Rangers ready for winter.
Soften, condition, and waterproof your boots with Mink Oil by following these directions:
- 1. Warm the boots with a hair dryer, or set them in front of a fire or over a heat vent for a few minutes. Heating the leather will help it absorb the oil.
- 2. Spread the cloth over your fingers, and use them to scoop out enough of the mink oil paste to cover your fingers from the first knuckle to the tips. Rub the mink oil into the boots until it turns clear and begins to melt into the leather.
- 3. Repeat step two, conditioning your boots one section at a time, until both boots have been covered with the paste.
- 4. Wipe off any paste that got on the laces or soles of the boots.
- 5. Allow the boots to dry overnight, and apply a second coat of mink oil following the directions above.